Thursday, May 12, 2005

How to go on from here?

I now can run 20K. But in contrast to the 15K’s I have run, which go quite easily, 20K always hurts. Especialy the last part. It feels like all the power has been used and the last part is always a struggle. I am always so glad it’s over that I’m not certain I can run any further.
Maybe I run them to fast. My 20K’s are more or less the same route as the 15K’s, with an extra circle. So the beginning always goes in the same speed as a 15K, because I am used to that speed. The last 20K was in 10,4 K/hr. That’s the fastest I have ran a 15K also, and I did that only once. So there is a big progress in the time the last 2 weeks or so. 10,4 k/hr means a marathon in 4 hours and 2 minutes. Thats far more okay then I could imagine. I always said it would be something like 4:30 or something and had in mind that I wanted to run it in 4:15.
My schedule says I have to run 26K next week. I’m not certain I dare to do so. Maybe I should just run some more 20K’s till the go a bit easier? To find the speed and rhythm a 20K goes well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home